Job Title: Project Coordinator (Monitoring and Evaluation)
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Deadline: 2 June 2023
Duration: 1 Year Fixed Term (Possibility extension)
Background of Human Rights and Development Foundation (HRDF):
Human Rights and Development Foundation (HRDF) is a non-profit organization (NGO), founded by human rights activists and lawyers with the objective of promoting and protecting human rights, democracy, and peace of migrant workers – primarily from neighboring countries.
Headquartered in Bangkok, HRDF operates legal advocacy offices in Chiang Mai, Mae Sot (Tak), Mahachai (Samut Sakhon), and Phuket to provide legal support to migrant workers and promote migrant worker rights. HRDF educates migrant workers about fundamental labor rights and provides legal support in cases of forced labor and other labor rights violations. HRDF currently collaborates with several international partners to support their operations in Thailand and aiming to advocate for labour protection, freedom of association, and freedom of mobility for migrant workers.
The Project Coordinator (Monitoring and Evaluation) will take a lead role on developing Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) framework to cover all HRDF project activities. This position will take responsible in coordinating with other project-based team to collect data and monitoring impact as well as communicating with funders and external relevant stakeholders. The selected candidate will be based at HRDF’s office in Bangkok, under the direct supervision of the Program Director. The position will work closely with other project coordinators, legal officers, and field offices. The position will require frequent travelling for field office visit.
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) framework and plan.
- Lead role in overseeing data collection, M&E data entry, storage, analyze, and reporting.
- Maintain M&E database to track project delivery including activities, outputs, and outcomes according to the projects’ logical framework.
- Monitor project activities and progress towards achieving project impacts.
- Provide inputs, information and statistics to project coordinator and program director as requested.
- Write report, provide consultation, and feedback to project coordinator on project progress report.
- Develop monthly, quarterly, and annually result report on overall project activities.
- Provide feedback to project coordinator and program director on project strategies and activities. Suggest strategies to project coordinator and program director for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of project activities.
Coordination and Management:
- Work closely with project teams in Bangkok, Samut Sakhon, Chiang Mai, Mae Sot (Tak), and Phuket to collect data, monitor project results.
- Coordinate with project team, external partners, and networks for project implementation, provide inputs, feedback, and reporting.
- Serve as focal person to oversee some project implementation.
- Coordinate with Program Director and Finance Department to develop strategy, plan activities and tracking budget.
- Represent and advocate the work of HRDF by attend meetings, workshops, or events.
Required qualifications, competence, and experience:
- University degree preferably in Social Sciences, Economics, Law, or related fields.
- 2 – 5 years of work experience in relevant roles such as project coordinator, information management, project M&E, or researcher.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks and activities
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience and ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders at different levels
- Good listener, humble, open-minded and willingness to learn and adapt. Positive attitude and high initiative.
- Good data collection skills, data analysis and report writing
- Advanced writing and communication skills in English
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Committed to HRDF values: Development, Social Justice, Equality, Integrity, Impact, and Sustainability
- Native Thai Speaker
- Strong in spoken and written English
Duty station and timeframe:
- Position based in Bangkok, Thailand
- Require a mix of field office visit and field work
- Full time
- Immediate start
- one-year contract (Possibility of extension)
Condition and Employee Welfare:
- Social Security fund
- Group Insurance
- Provident fund
- Interested candidates are invited to send 1) cover letter, 2) CV with contact information for references, 3) samples of relevant past work or samples of writing, via email to [email protected]
- Please put “Project Coordinator (Monitor and Evaluation)” and “Your Name” in the subject line of the email.
- In the cover letter, please describe your reasons for applying, relevant qualifications, preferred start date, and expected salary.
- HRDF would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates who meet all requisite criteria are shortlisted and will be contacted.
- The deadline for application is 2 June 2023.